If you’re concerned about your online privacy, you may have come across Incogni, a data removal service by Surfshark.
While the service promises to remove your personal information from data brokers and people search sites, you may be wondering if it’s too good to be true.
You may be asking yourself, “Is Incogni a scam?”
The short answer is no, Incogni is not a scam. The service is legitimate and has helped many users take back their online privacy.
Incogni contacts data brokers and people search sites on your behalf to request the removal of your personal information.
The service also offers a power of attorney feature, which allows them to act on your behalf and speed up the removal process.
However, like any service, there are some limitations and potential drawbacks to using Incogni.
For example, the service can take up to 30-45 days to complete the removal process, which may not be ideal for users who need immediate results.
What is Incogni?
If you’re concerned about your online privacy, you may have heard of Incogni.
It’s a data removal service that promises to help you remove your personal information from data broker websites.
But what exactly is Incogni, and how does it work?
Overview of Incogni
Incogni is a subscription-based service that automates the process of sending data removal requests to data brokers.
When you sign up for Incogni, you provide your personal information, such as your name and address.
Incogni then sends removal requests to data brokers on your behalf, requesting that your personal information be removed from their databases.
According to Incogni, their service simplifies, speeds up, and automates data removal requests, improving your online privacy.
They claim that on the first day that you join the service, the requests to remove your data get sent out, and within a week, there are responses.
In the first month, your data should be removed from the majority of data broker websites.
Incogni offers a few different subscription plans, including a monthly plan and a one-year plan.
All plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Is Incogni a Scam?
If you’re looking for a data removal service, you may have come across Incogni.
But is it a scam? Let’s take a closer look.
Background of Incogni
Incogni is a data removal service that helps you remove your personal information from data broker websites.
It is a product of Surfshark, a well-known VPN and security vendor.
Incogni automates the process of sending removal requests to data brokers and repeats it as necessary to keep your profile off the market.
User Reviews and Feedback
Looking at user reviews and feedback, it’s clear that Incogni is a legitimate service.
Users have reported successful removal of their personal information from data broker websites.
However, some users have noted that Incogni’s model involves giving out limited personal contact information with some requests, which can result in follow-up from the companies you’re being removed from.
In response to this, Incogni states that they only provide the most basic information required to identify and remove your personal data.
Incogni takes security seriously. They use SSL encryption to protect your data during transmission, and they store your data in encrypted form.
Additionally, they offer a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try the service risk-free.
How Does Incogni Work?
Here’s how Incogni works:
Features of Incogni
Incogni is a personal information removal service that uses algorithms to predict which data brokers are most likely to have your information.
It then puts in requests to remove it on your behalf.
Some of the features of Incogni include:
- Minimal personal data required: Incogni asks for only the necessary information to conduct data removal requests.
- Consistently-increasing backlog: Incogni holds a consistently-increasing backlog of some of the world’s biggest data brokers and sends removal requests to the companies that are likely to have your information.
- Automated process: Incogni automates the process of sending removal requests and repeats it as necessary to keep your profile off the market.
Ease of Use
Using Incogni is a straightforward process. Here’s what you need to do:
- Create an account: To use Incogni, you’ll need to create an account and provide some basic personal information.
- Let Incogni do the work: Once you’ve created an account, Incogni will get to work on your behalf. It will scan the web for databases that are likely to store your sensitive information and contact the brokers behind them to remove it.
- Sit back and relax: Incogni indicates that on the first day that you join the service, the requests to remove your data get sent out. Within a week, there should be responses, and then in the first month, that’s when you should see the most significant change.
If you’re wondering about Incogni’s pricing, you’ll be glad to know that it’s quite affordable.
Let’s take a closer look at the subscription plans and payment options available.
Incogni offers two subscription plans: monthly and annual. The monthly plan costs $12.99 per month, while the annual plan costs $77.88 per year.
With the annual plan, you’ll save 50% compared to the monthly plan. Both plans come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so you can try out Incogni risk-free.
Incogni accepts a variety of payment options, including credit and debit cards, PayPal, and cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
This makes it easy for you to pay for your subscription in a way that’s convenient for you.
When you sign up for Incogni, you’ll be asked to provide your payment information.
Your payment information is encrypted and stored securely, so you don’t have to worry about it falling into the wrong hands.
Incogni Customer Support
When it comes to personal information and privacy, having reliable customer support is crucial.
Fortunately, Incogni offers several ways to get in touch with their support team.
If you need to contact Incogni, you can do so via email on [email protected].
Incogni offers several support channels to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.
- Knowledge Base: The Incogni website also has an extensive knowledge base with articles and guides to help you with common issues.
- Email Support: If you prefer to communicate via email, you can send a message to [email protected].
No matter which support channel you choose, you can expect a prompt and helpful response from the Incogni team.
If you’re wondering whether or not Incogni is a scam, the answer is a resounding no.
Incogni is a legitimate service developed by Surfshark, a well-known data security company.
It has been designed to help you remove your personal information from the internet and protect your privacy.
Here are some key takeaways to keep in mind:
- Incogni is a subscription-based service that offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. You can choose to pay per month or get a one-year plan to stave off future data collection.
- Incogni uses power of attorney to issue data removal requests on your behalf. By signing the document, you are essentially saying that you agree to let Incogni represent you.
- The service works by identifying and communicating with dozens of data broker companies to have your personal information deleted from their databases.
- Incogni asks for minimal amount of your personal data so that the agents can conduct data removal requests. It holds a consistently-increasing backlog of some of the world’s biggest data brokers and sends removal requests to the companies that are likely to have your information.
- Incogni is one of the few services that offer non-US opt-outs.
Incogni is a highly recommended service that can help you protect your privacy and remove your personal information from the internet.
With its power of attorney, minimal data collection, and extensive network of data brokers, Incogni is a legitimate and effective service that can help you take control of your online presence.