In this day and age, social media platforms have become an integral part of our lives, connecting people across the globe in real-time.
Among these platforms, Facebook has consistently dominated the social media landscape, offering various features to keep users engaged.
One such feature that has gained tremendous popularity is Facebook Live.
Facebook Live allows users to broadcast videos in real-time, enabling individuals and businesses to connect with their audiences on a deeper level.
To know more about Facebook Live stats, read on as we’ll also dive into the statistics of one of Facebook’s most interesting features!
- There have been over 8.5 billion broadcasts conducted on Facebook Live
- The majority of respondents, accounting for 91%, make use of Facebook’s live features to create videos
- The preferred channel for a significant number of video marketers, totaling 34%, was Facebook Live
- Live videos make up a significant proportion, specifically 18.87%, of the brand video posts on Facebook.
- With a total of 164 million views, the video “Chewbacca Mom” holds the record for being the most viewed Facebook Live video
- Live videos posted by Facebook accounts with 5,000 or fewer followers received an engagement rate of 2.44%
- Facebook Live is utilized by a substantial 76% of respondents for streaming live events
- Facebook Live videos typically accumulate an average of 38,038 comments
- A considerable 70% of broadcasters employ Facebook Live as a means to reach new audiences
- A significant percentage, amounting to 58%, of broadcasters have experienced enhanced brand recognition and exposure on Facebook Live
Facebook Live Stats: A Dominant Force in Live Video Broadcasting
1. Facebook Live Has Facilitated More Than 8.5 Billion Broadcasts
In a recent update from Facebook, the social media giant revealed a remarkable surge in the usage of their popular feature, Facebook Live.
While specific figures for the total number of Facebook Live users in the United States were not disclosed, a Facebook spokeswoman acknowledged the surge to be of considerable magnitude.
This growth was further emphasized by the astonishing statistic that over 8.5 billion broadcasts have taken place on Facebook Live.
Facebook Live, introduced in 2016, allows users to stream videos in real-time, fostering an interactive and immersive experience.
From capturing personal milestones and moments to broadcasting events and engaging with online communities, this feature has gained traction as a go-to platform for live content creation and consumption.
2. Facebook Has Emerged as the Dominant Platform for Live Videos, with 91% of Users Utilizing Its Live Features
In the realm of social media, live videos have become a powerful tool for brands, content creators, and individuals alike.
Platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube have embraced this trend, providing users with the ability to share their experiences and engage with their audiences in real time.
In a recent survey, results show the following usage of users in producing live videos:
- 91% of respondents have used Facebook to create live videos
- 29% of respondents have used Instagram to create live videos
- 21% of respondents have used Periscope (Twitter) to create live videos
- 14% of respondents have used YouTube to create live videos
- 3% of respondents have used other social media platforms to create live videos
3. Among Video Marketers, 34% Chose Facebook Live as Their Preferred Channel
According to recent data, Facebook Live has seen a steady increase in adoption among video marketers.
35% of video marketers utilized Facebook Live as a channel.
This trend indicates a growing recognition of the platform’s potential to engage and captivate audiences.
While Facebook Live’s adoption rates have risen, it is worth noting that video marketers’ perceptions of its success have undergone some changes.
In 2018, a significant majority of 81% of users claimed that Facebook Live had been successful for them.
Declining Video Marketers on Facebook
However, the latest figures show a slight decline, with 74% of video marketers reporting success with the platform.
While this decrease may raise some eyebrows, it is important to consider that the absolute majority of marketers still view Facebook Live as a fruitful channel for their marketing efforts.
4. Live Videos Constitute 18.87% of the Brand Video Posts on Facebook
In a study, only 18.87% of brand video posts on Facebook were live videos, while a significant majority of 81.13% comprised pre-recorded content.
This disparity highlights the widespread preference among brands for pre-recorded videos over live broadcasts.
One of the key factors driving this trend is the ability to edit and maintain control over the content.
By pre-recording videos, brands can meticulously craft their message, ensuring it aligns with their brand identity and marketing objectives.
They can tune the visuals, add effects, and perfect the narrative, resulting in a polished and professional presentation that resonates with their target audience.
5. Facebook Accounts With 5,000 or Fewer Followers Had an Engagement Rate of 2.44% on Their Live Videos
Brands are constantly seeking innovative ways to engage with their audiences.
One such avenue that has gained significant traction is the utilization of live videos on platforms like Facebook.
With the ability to connect with followers in real-time and create meaningful interactions, live videos have become a popular tool for brands to showcase their products, share updates, and host interactive sessions.
Facebook Brands Statistics
Statistics show that as brands expand and grow, they tend to experience a decrease in engagement rate as shown in the following list:
- Facebook brands with 0 to 5k followers had 2.44% engagement rate on live videos
- Facebook brands with 5k to 10k followers had 1.12% engagement rate on live videos
- Facebook brands with 10k to 50k followers had 0.76% engagement rate on live videos
- Facebook brands with 50k to 100k followers had 0.42% engagement rate on live videos
- Facebook brands with over 100k followers had 0.24% engagement rate on live videos
6. 76% of Respondents Use Facebook Live to Stream Live Events
According to a recent survey, a staggering 76% of respondents use Facebook Live to stream live events, ranging from electrifying concerts to thrilling sports matches.
This statistic showcases the platform’s ability to cater to a wide range of interests and passions.
However, the beauty of Facebook Live lies in its adaptability to various scenarios.
It is not limited to just events; its applications span a broad spectrum of content types.
Whether it’s an exhilarating music performance, a nail-biting sports event, a captivating product unveiling, or an exclusive behind-the-scenes reveal, Facebook Live has revolutionized the way we engage with content and connect with one another.
7. Facebook Live Averages 38,038 Comments per Video
In recent statistics, Facebook live videos have been particularly successful in capturing the attention of users, amassing an impressive average of 38,038 comments per video.
With their ability to connect individuals from all corners of the globe in real-time, these videos have transformed the way we consume and participate in content.
Unlike pre-recorded videos, live broadcasts offer an immediate and authentic experience that resonates with viewers.
It creates a unique sense of community and involvement, enabling users to actively contribute to the conversation by commenting and interacting with the content creator.
8. “Chewbacca Mom” is the most viewed Facebook Live video with 164 million views
The power of viral fame can bring about incredible changes in one’s life, as demonstrated by Candace Payne, a 37-year-old woman from Texas.
It all started one day in May when she decided to film a lighthearted video for her friends.
Little did she know that this seemingly ordinary act would catapult her into the realm of internet stardom, garnering a staggering 164 million views.
The four-minute clip is a pure manifestation of joy as a mother gleefully dons a Chewbacca mask, bursting into laughter as the toy emulates the iconic sounds of the beloved Star Wars character.
9. 70% of Broadcasters Use Facebook Live to Reach New Audiences
Broadcasters on Facebook Live have a twofold objective: reaching untapped markets and connecting with new viewers.
70% of broadcasters have successfully achieved this goal, thanks to the platform’s expansive reach and user base.
Through live-streaming, they have unlocked the potential to attract fresh audiences beyond traditional broadcasting methods.
Equally important is maintaining a strong bond with existing viewers.
To achieve this, 64% of broadcasters actively engage their loyal fan base through Facebook Live.
This approach solidifies their position as trusted sources of information and entertainment.
10. 58% of Broadcasters Report Improved Brand Recognition and Exposure Through Facebook Live
58% of broadcasters who use live-streaming witness improved brand recognition and exposure.
The interactive nature of live-streaming humanizes their brand, allowing them to connect with viewers on a personal level.
Additionally, with Facebook Live’s interactive features, 41% of broadcasters achieve deeper customer engagement.
By embracing the authenticity of live-streaming, they captivate their audience, resulting in active participation, lively discussions, and a shared experience.
This engagement not only strengthens the bond with viewers but also provides valuable insights into preferences, enabling effective content customization.
As the digital landscape continues to evolve, Facebook has emerged as the leading platform for live videos.
Its user base, seamless integration, content discovery mechanisms, emphasis on engagement and interaction, and support for content creators and brands have all contributed to its dominance.
With its unwavering commitment to innovation and user experience, Facebook is likely to remain the go-to platform for live video streaming in the foreseeable future.
Thanks for reading our Facebook Live stats!