So, you want to know How to tag someone on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn has become an integral part of people’s lives. It is one of the most successful and widely used social platforms for professionals in the world.
With a whooping 777 million users, LinkedIn has shown tremendous growth since its launch in 2002.
Networking is critical to growth. In simple words, you need to make meaningful connections with people to grow.
LinkedIn has made this simple with its features.
Today, you can find relevant people on the platform and connect with them to explore opportunities.
But as you make connections, it’s critical to understand people help, people who value them.
Hence, reminding your connection how much they mean to you is a great way to build meaningful relations.
While LinkedIn has a plethora of features to help you accomplish this, one feature stands out.
The ability to tag people in your posts is a game changer.
This helps in sending an obvious message to your connections and making the professional relationships stronger.
So, how to tag someone on LinkedIn?
In this article, we’ll discuss how to tag someone on LinkedIn.
Benefits of Tagging People on LinkedIn
Before addressing the prime question: how to tag someone on LinkedIn, let’s discuss the advantages of doing so.
The first thing you need to understand is people love getting involved on social platforms. In simple words, when you mention someone, they feel valued.
Say, you post a brief article “How to master LinkedIn ads?” and tag your connection who helped you in creating the article.
By doing this, you acknowledge that person in front of all your connections.
Thus, making sure, next time you need some help from them, they will offer a helping-hand happily.
This also creates a good image of you in front of your connections. They’ll think you are someone who acknowledges people and appreciates them. Hence, they’ll try to build strong relations with you.
In this way, your existing connections will get healthier and you can build new connections quickly.
Best Tagging Practices
So, what are some good tagging practices that can help you get the most out of your results?
- Avoid excessive tagging. This means you mustn’t tag a person more than once in a small period because doing so would give a wrong message. They might think you’re tagging them because you want favors.
- Say you wish to tag a person on a thread. But someone has already tagged that person. In such a scenario, avoid tagging that person again. This is because if you do, it’ll show you as arrogant and as someone who seeks attention.
- Never tag someone only to tag. Relevancy is the key. This means if you wish to tag someone in a post or thread, make sure that thread is relevant to the person you are tagging to. Tagging people on random posts puts you in a negative light.
Hence, keep in mind these points before tagging anyone.
How to Tag Someone on LinkedIn?
Now, let’s answer the question of the article: How to tag someone on LinkedIn?
Well, tagging someone on LinkedIn is simple.
Note: You can tag a person on your post or someone else’s post in the comment section. You can do this for older posts.
Here’s a list of steps you can follow to do so:
- Before clicking on the share/post button, press the “@” and type the name of the person you want to tag.
- You needn’t type the full name of the person, because as you type the first few letters, LinkedIn will suggest you all the relevant names through a drop-down.
- Select the name from the dropdown.
- Complete your message/post and share.
That’s all. This way you can tag anyone in your posts and in the comments section of other posts.
Note: LinkedIn allows you a maximum of 30 tags per post.
Well, tagging people on LinkedIn is simple. But this isn’t true for all the actions on the platform.
LinkedIn has grown massively over the years and continues to add new features to grow its user base.
This means you need to perform more action to stay at the top of your game.
In a real-world scenario, maintaining the same strategy and applying new ones alone for a long period is tough.
Hence, you need all the help in the world. LinkedIn automation tools help you beat this dilemma and grow your profile by many folds quickly.
They do it by safely automating your actions on the platform based on your analytics. Hence, using them is a great way to stay ahead of the competition.
There you have it. Now you know how to tag someone on LinkedIn. Tagging helps build stronger relations and gain meaningful connections. It is a simple process with many perks.
Last, LinkedIn is evolving every day, hence to stay at the top of your game, you can use LinkedIn automation tools. I hope this article helps.