Videoconferencing apps became one of the go-to platforms when most workers worldwide went into a “work from home” set up during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Zoom was among the fastest-growing app in terms of active meeting participants from 2020 to 2021, growing by nearly 3,000%.
This platform has become an essential tool for meetings, seminars, classes, and social gatherings.
Do you want to know more facts and statistics about this platform such as the number of Zoom users in 2023 and the meeting minutes hosted annually?
Let’s all find out in this article.
Zoom Users: How Many People Use Zoom in 2023?
The global pandemic has changed how companies and businesses operate.
Communication tools and videoconferencing platforms played significant roles during the lockdowns and strict implementation of COVID safety protocols.
Zoom became more popular, leading to 485 million downloads on Android devices in 2020.
At present, there is no exact number of people using Zoom available from the company.
However, the latest reports show that Zoom recorded 12.92 million monthly active users during the first months of the pandemic in 2020, up by 21% from the previous year.
When it comes to Zoom meeting participants per day, it had approximately 350 million users who participated in at least one meeting per day in December 2020, up from 10 million in the previous year.
Number of Zoom Meeting Participants Per Day
Even before the pandemic, Zoom was used by millions of people. In fact, there were already 400,000 people who signed up within its first month.
In March 2020, there were approximately 200 million Zoom meeting participants per day, acquiring a 1,900% increase from December 2019.
Here are the numbers of Zoom meeting participants per day:
- Zoom recorded 10 million meeting participants per day in December 2019
- Zoom recorded 200 million meeting participants per day in March 2020
- Zoom recorded 300 million meeting participants per day in April 2020
- Zoom recorded 350 million meeting participants per day in December 2020
People Using Zoom by Age Group
Statistics reveal that people between 35 to 49 years old downloaded the Zoom app the most, accounting for 24% of all people who downloaded the app.
People between 25 to 34 follow, accounting for 23%.
In terms of Zoom users using iPhone devices and iPad, the age group that used the Zoom app most is aged 24 and below, accounting for 27% of all iOS Zoom app users.
Age Distribution of People Using the iOS Zoom App
Below are the age group of people using the iOS Zoom app:
- 27% of iOS Zoom app users are 24 years old and below
- 23% of iOS Zoom app users are 25 to 34 years old
- 22% of iOS Zoom app users are 35 to 49 years old
- 19% of iOS Zoom app users are 50 to 64 years old
- 10% of iOS Zoom app users are 65 years old and above
Zoom Paying Customers
Paying customers is where Zoom makes most of its revenue.
In July 2021, Zoom recorded nearly 505,000 paying customers with more than ten employees.
Compared to the period before the pandemic, the number of paying customers has grown fast.
From January to October 2019, the number of Zoom paying customers ranged from 50,000 to 74,000.
Number of Zoom Paying Customers
Let’s take a look at the number of Zoom paying customers with more than ten employees from 2018 to 2021:
- Zoom recorded 25,800 paying customers with more than ten employees in January 2018
- Zoom recorded 44,400 paying customers with more than ten employees in October 2018
- Zoom recorded 50,800 paying customers with more than ten employees in January 2019
- Zoom recorded 74,100 paying customers with more than ten employees in October 2019
- Zoom recorded 81,900 paying customers with more than ten employees in January 2020
- Zoom recorded 433,700 paying customers with more than ten employees in October 2020
- Zoom recorded 467,100 paying customers with more than ten employees in January 2021
- Zoom recorded 504,900 paying customers with more than ten employees in July 2021
What Country Uses Zoom the Most?
Zoom offers domestic calling and local telephone services across 40-plus countries worldwide.
The United States is the leading country that uses Zoom the most, accounting for more than half of Zoom customers.
The Zoom website recorded a total visit of 943 million in March 2023, with an average visit duration of 3 minutes and 31 seconds.
The top country that visited the platform’s website was the United States, with 40.44%. Canada comes next with 4.20%, the United Kingdom with 3.90%, and India with 3.76%.
How Many Meeting Minutes are Hosted Per Year?
The meeting minutes per year represent the cumulative runtime of every hosted Zoom call in the whole year.
Both paid and free Zoom accounts have millions of users using them for online meetings.
As of Q3 2021, Zoom hosted 3.3 trillion meeting minutes per year, up from 97 billion the previous fiscal year.
Here is a list of the meeting minutes hosted per year:
- In December 2013, Zoom hosted 200 million meeting minutes per year
- In June 2016, Zoom hosted 6 billion meeting minutes per year
- In February 2019, Zoom hosted 60 billion meeting minutes per year
- In Q2 Fiscal Year 2020, Zoom hosted 79 billion meeting minutes per year
- In Q4 Fiscal Year 2020, Zoom hosted 101 billion meeting minutes per year
- In Q2 Fiscal Year 2021, Zoom hosted 2 trillion meeting minutes per year
- In Q4 Fiscal Year 2021, Zoom hosted 3.3 trillion meeting minutes per year
Webinar Minutes per Year
Aside from meetings, Zoom also offers live webinars and webinar replays.
The platform facilitated over 45 billion annualized webinar minutes in Q3 2021, acquiring a 7.14% increase from the previous quarter.
The following are the webinar minutes per year:
- Zoom facilitated 2 billion annualized webinar minutes in Q2 2020
- Zoom facilitated 3 billion annualized webinar minutes in Q4 2020
- Zoom facilitated 42 billion annualized webinar minutes in Q1 2021
- Zoom facilitated more than 45 billion annualized webinar minutes in Q3 2021
How Many Times Does Zoom App Was Downloaded?
In 2020, the mobile app of Zoom was downloaded more than 485 million times on Android phones and tablets alone.
This shows a 30 times growth from the prior year when Zoom reported 16 million downloads.
Zoom app continuously shows impressive download rates. It recorded an all-time high download rate in a single day in April 2020.
The app was downloaded 3.5 million times in just a single day.
Zoom has a lot to offer to meet the different needs of its users. It offers paid plans for products like Zoom Meetings, Zoom Room, Zoom Phone, Zoom United, and Zoom Webinars and Events.
It also provides free Zoom meetings with 100 participants, allowing up to 40 minutes of group meetings.
This is why this platform has nearly 13 million monthly active users and more than 350 million meeting participants per day.
That’s how many people use Zoom today.