Social media is now part of many people’s lives. Most social media platforms wanted to fill the consumers’ demands.
In this way, platforms incorporate specific features to meet the demands and needs of the users. One of the best examples is YouTube Shorts.
Businesses and brands use YouTube Shorts to promote their products and increase engagement with a larger audience.
Do you want to know YouTube Shorts statistics in 2024 and other exciting facts that could answer questions in your mind? This article is for you.
- YouTube Shorts feature is available in more than 100 countries.
- More than 1.5 billion logged-in accounts watch YouTube Shorts every month.
- YouTube Shorts are limited to up to 60 seconds long.
- 72% of YouTube Shorts are more than 15 seconds.
- YouTube Shorts hit 50 billion views per day, up from 30 billion in 2022.
- The DIY foot soap video of 5-Minute Crafts FAMILY is the most popular video on YouTube Shorts, generating over 560 million views.
- Content creators can make money by gaining 1,000 subscribers and generating 10 million YouTube Shorts views within 90 days.
- India has the most Youtube users worldwide, with 467 million users as of January 2023.
- Gen Zs and Millennials, aged 18 to 29, are the largest users of YouTube content.
- Over 70% of watch time on YouTube was made on mobile devices.
Top YouTube Shorts Statistics in 2024
YouTube is the second-most visited website worldwide. It accounts for about 25% of mobile traffic.
As of January 2023, YouTube has over 2.5 billion monthly active users. 77% of people in the US aged 15 to 35 years old use the platform.
One of the most used features of YouTube is YouTube Shorts since people love watching short-form videos from their mobile devices.
About 1.5 billion logged-in accounts watched YouTube Shorts every month.
The company saw that people are highly engaged in entertaining short videos which allow users to post and watch vertical videos that are 60 seconds max long.
Based on the most recent YouTube Shorts statistics in 2023, YouTube Shorts is available in more than 100 countries and has reached 50 billion views daily.
How Many People Use YouTube Shorts?
More than 1.5 billion monthly active users use YouTube Shorts.
YouTube users find short-form videos more interesting to watch than traditional long-form videos.
Because of the growing number of users, YouTube Shorts videos grew by 135% year-over-year between 2021 and 2022.
How Long are YouTube Shorts?
Based on its name “YouTube Shorts,” posted videos are short and limited to up to 60 seconds long.
When this feature was released, the maximum length of videos was only 15 seconds.
However, after they released this feature in the US and some other countries, the duration was stretched to 60 seconds.
72% of YouTube Shorts have a length of 15 to 60 seconds.
YouTube Shorts Daily Views
With the introduction of mobile-friendly short-form videos worldwide, some social networking platforms are in a race to offer features in which people can either watch or post short videos.
TikTok introduced these kinds of videos, while Instagram offers Instagram Reels, and YouTube created YouTube Shorts.
According to the latest data, YouTube Shorts hit 50 billion views daily, up from 30 billion in 2022.
Here are the numbers of YouTube Shorts’ daily views:
- In Q4 2020, the number of YouTube Shorts’ daily views was approximately 3.5 billion.
- In Q1 2021, the number of YouTube Shorts’ daily views was approximately 6.5 billion.
- In Q3 2021, the number of YouTube Shorts’ daily views was approximately 15 billion.
- In Q1 2022, the number of YouTube Shorts’ daily views was approximately 30 billion.
- In Q1 2023, the number of YouTube Shorts’ daily views was approximately 50 billion.
What is the Most Popular Video on YouTube Shorts?
The video of 5-Minute Crafts FAMILY is the most popular video on YouTube Shorts.
It shows how they make DIY soap with a shape of a human foot. This short video was 30 seconds long and generated over 560 million views.
It was posted on April 12, 2021, and received at least 230 million views in its first month.
Currently, it has more than 10 million likes and 33,000 comments.
For businesses, unboxing videos are one of the most appealing YouTube Shorts ideas and effective marketing tools.
These videos can make the viewers excited about the products inside the box and allow them to see what the real product looks like.
How to Make Money with YouTube Shorts
YouTube initiated a $100 million funding to pay the content creators on YouTube Shorts.
The company pays eligible creators based on community guidelines and monetization policies.
These include the subscriber and viewer count, engagement rate, and other guidelines.
Creators can make money by gaining 1,000 subscribers and generating 10 million YouTube Shorts views within 90 days.
Based on research, eligible creators can receive up to $10,000 per month.
10 Ways to Make Money Through YouTube Shorts
Creators who accomplish the requirements and guidelines and who are in the YouTube Partner Program can make money from YouTube Shorts.
Here are the ten ways to make money through YouTube Shorts:
- Share from ad revenue (YouTube Partner Program)
- YouTube Premium
- Super chat
- Super stickers
- Super thanks
- YouTube BrandConnect
- Channel Membership
- Merchandise Sales
What Country Uses YouTube Shorts the Most?
YouTube recorded different subscribers from over a hundred countries.
As of January 2023, India is the top country with the most Youtube users worldwide, with 467 million users.
The United States comes next with 246 million, and Brazil with 142 million.
According to a report, almost 26% of YouTube Shorts videos were from India, and more than 23% were from the United States.
What Age Group Uses YouTube Shorts the Most?
Gen Zs and Millennials are the largest users of YouTube content. 95% of users watching YouTube content are aged 18 to 29 years old.
While the age group between 30 to 49 years old was the second-largest users, with 91%.
How to Create YouTube Shorts?
Many people use YouTube Shorts since it is easy to upload and watch short videos.
Here are the easy steps to create YouTube Shorts:
- Tap the create button (+) at the bottom of the screen
- Select “Create a Short”
- Tap the record button or the red circle
- Click the check mark at the lower right corner of the screen
- Tap “Next” at the upper right corner of the screen
- Insert title or caption
- Tap “Upload Short”
When uploading YouTube Shorts, users need to remember to put catchy captions and hashtags.
YouTube Shorts are not only for entertainment, but they are also a powerful marketing tool since more people are engaged in watching short videos.
People spend a lot of time on their mobile devices browsing their social media accounts.
Over 70% of watch time on YouTube was made on mobile devices.
Now you know how many people are using YouTube Shorts and other YouTube Shorts statistics in 2023.
It has more than 1.5 billion users every month and 50 billion views per day.