Accessing any successful and legally operating streaming service providers’ websites or apps requires you to pay a monthly subscription fee.
ShowBox, on the contrary, is one of the free on-demand entertainment services.
Offering almost everything that a paid streaming service does, ShowBox stands out by charging no fee to its users.
However, the hundreds of TV shows, movies, reality shows, and other types of entertainment offered by ShowBox are all copyright-protected and require a license to view.
As a result, there is always a risk of facing copyright infringement notice for illegal streaming. This could lead to a hefty fine or even prison time.
So what’s the solution, you ask? Simply get a VPN for Showbox and avoid any such nuisance.
A virtual private network, or VPN, helps keep your identity hidden and allows access to the entire library of content, not just on Android devices but also on a PC.
On that note, let’s simplify your hunt for the perfect VPN service.
Best VPN for Showbox in 2024
Here are six good VPNs for ShowBox which will offer you a local IP address:
For those who are unfamiliar with NordVPN, it is a service that provides high-speed web connections and servers in several countries across the world.
Based in Panama, it is believed to be the best VPN for Showbox for several reasons, the major one being its ability to bypass geo-restrictions without any hassle.
It also has a string of other advanced tools that enable users to fully enjoy the freedom of the internet.
Overall, it’s a well-designed VPN that hides your online activities and allows you to torrent and stream a variety of different content.
- It adheres to a strict no-logs policy.
- There are over 5,300 NordVPN servers in more than 60 countries worldwide.
- The double VPN feature provides two layers of encryption for extra security.
- It allows up to six devices to be connected simultaneously with a single subscription.
- RAM-only technology maintains data confidentiality whenever servers are reset or shut down.
- The NordLynx VPN tunneling protocol is possibly the fastest on the market.
- The SmartPlay feature ensures a high-quality streaming experience and compatibility with multiple devices.
- It has an automatic kill switch that improves security by preventing user data from being leaked.
- The Double VPN feature allows users’ online security and privacy to be doubled by routing traffic through two VPN servers and encrypting it twice.
Pros and Cons of using NordVPN
Users looking for good value for money often pick Surfshark as their VPN service.
Located in the jurisdiction of the British Virgin Island, this VPN provider is mainly famous for the unlimited simultaneous connections it allows under a single subscription.
While it is quite an admirable feature, users prefer to use this VPN for several other reasons.
For instance, the wicked-fast speeds it provides and its unmatched ability to overcome geographical restrictions.
Although it is a relatively new addition to the options in the market, it is safe to say that Surfshark provides an ideal combination of advanced features and affordable pricing.
- It boasts a network of over 3200 servers spread across 65 countries.
- It has a 100% RAM-only server fleet.
- It offers unlimited concurrent connections.
- It utilizes the WireGuard tunneling protocol to ensure super-fast speeds along with the standard protocols.
- On devices that don’t support VPN software natively, the Smart DNS feature allows you to enjoy geo-unblocking.
- It strictly adheres to the no-logging policy.
- It has an automatic kill switch that protects users’ data if their internet connection goes down unexpectedly.
- By enabling the camouflage mode, users can bypass any VPN blocks and ensure that their internet provider is unaware of using a VPN.
- A VPN subscription with ‘Surfshark One’ can provide comprehensive security. This add-on offers virus protection, a private search engine, and monitoring for personal data breaches.
Pros and Cons of using Surfshark
3. Atlas VPN
Another excellent VPN is Atlas VPN. After a lot of struggle to place its name in the good books of industry experts and critics, this VPN provider has successfully revamped all of its core features.
Providing unrestricted access to content worldwide, Atlas VPN is quite a desirable option for cinephiles.
It has a reasonably-sized network of optimized servers for streaming and stable connections that also support a flawless and buffer-free streaming experience.
Throw any geo-restriction at it, and Atlas VPN will come through it unblocking various streaming platforms and your favorite content for you.
- Atlas VPN’s massive network is made up of 750+ servers in 30+ countries.
- It strictly adheres to a no-logs policy.
- It supplies a 256-bit military-grade encryption component to users.
- The split tunneling feature is available to users.
Pros and Cons of using Atlas VPN
ExpressVPN is regarded as the VPN industry’s bigwigs for all the right reasons. It is deemed a highly reliable VPN to use with ShowBox or a good streaming experience on any other platform.
It is undoubtedly one of the most secure VPNs available, enabling you to watch your favorite content confidently.
With a squeaky-clean track record, the VPN service outperforms itself on several fronts.
- It operates a global network of over 3,000 servers in 94 countries.
- It can be used on up to five different devices at once with a single subscription.
- It has a no-logs policy that is strictly followed.
- This VPN service is faster than ever before, thanks to the unique Lightway protocol.
- The Kill Switch feature is also offered to ShowBox subscribers, so there is no risk of legal concerns being raised if the connection suddenly drops.
- With each reboot, the TrustedServer technology, a security feature, wipes all traces of users’ data and browsing history.
- The RAM-only users keep no log of their online activities of users.
- The Split Tunneling features enable users to choose any apps for which they don’t want to use the VPN.
Pros and Cons of using ExpressVPN
If you have any financial constraints or are generally frugal, choosing this VPN will be one of the wisest decisions you’ve ever made.
Saving money on one front and overspending it on another certainly does not make sense.
With the Switzerland-based VyprVPN, you are guaranteed to get the most affordable and adequately performing VPN.
VyprVPN may lack any add-ons that the premium service providers are likely to offer.
However, it has sufficient security and streaming capabilities despite the low cost.
It has mainly been criticized for its small-sized network of servers compared to most competitors in the past.
Yet, it has managed to emerge stronger than before with strategically placed servers worldwide and changed logging policy to attract more users.
- It has 700+ servers in 70+ countries.
- It owns the entire server fleet.
- It allows for five simultaneous connections for the already low-cost subscription.
- The lightning-fast Wireguard and the stealth-ensuring Chameleon protocols can be used alternatively.
- It now has a no-log policy being followed.
- It has an ad-blocker built-in.
- It has a “connection per app” feature that allows for split tunneling.
- It is programmed to connect automatically when you’re on an insecure network.
- It offers a reliable kill switch.
- All user data is protected through AES-256 encryption.
Pros and Cons of using VyprVPN
6. Private Internet Access
Based in the United States, Private Internet Access (or PIA) provides another excellent VPN.
From high-speed connections to highly secure and private internet use to affordability, PIA offers everything a top-tier provider should.
To top that off, Private Internet Access has the most renowned apps for various devices and platforms.
- It has one of the largest networks, with 35,500 servers in 84 countries worldwide.
- It supports ten simultaneous connections.
- It follows a strict no-logging policy.
- It offers a reliable kill switch as an advanced security feature.
- It uses AES-256-bit encryption.
- Besides the standard tunneling protocol, a proxy protocol called the SOCKS5 Proxy Tunnel is utilized for enhanced security.
- It offers MACE, an ad-blocking, and a malware-blocking feature.
Pros and Cons of using Private Internet Access
Why Do We Need a VPN for Show Box?
Even though it isn’t technically illegal like some other services, the entertainment industry still frowns upon ShowBox.
Many of the world’s popular streaming services see Howbox as a significant threat, and therefore, it has been blocked by several ISPs.
Even if ShowBox is blocked in your country, you can still access it if you use a VPN. A VPN, or virtual private network, is a service that allows you to hide your online location.
The VPN server acts as a proxy, allowing you to access the internet using a different IP address. This will enable users to access the content previously restricted to their original IP address.
Is There Any Free VPN for ShowBox?
There are many free VPNs available in the market. However, they are ineffective in granting you access to content that is restricted in your region, but they also put you at risk online.
By using a free VPN, users jeopardize their online security and are more likely to fall victim to fraudulent online elements looking to steal their personal information.
On What Devices Is ShowBox Available?
ShowBox is available for all primary desktop and mobile devices, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, Linux, and Android TV.
Fortunately, top-tier VPN services usually have dedicated apps for these platforms, making ShowBox and a VPN the ideal duo for cinephiles.
However, keep in mind that neither the Google Play Store nor the Apple App Store will have the ShowBox mobile apps.
Instead, you’ll have to go to the ShowBox website and manually download the necessary installation files. In addition, you’ll need to change your phone’s settings to allow installation from unknown sources.
It is no surprise that copyright holders tend to target websites like ShowBox and their visitors with DMCA notices.
Thankfully, the best VPN for Showbox can help you stream your favorite obscure media anonymously.
The only question left unanswered is which VPN you should go for? Are you looking for a VPN with basic features but easy on the pocket, like Atlas VPN?
Or are you looking for a more premium option that may be expensive but provides better speeds for streaming, such as Surfshark.
In my opinion, NordVPN is a better option because it encompasses it all. It is packed with several advanced tools and features with an affordable price tag.
Which options suit you the most? Let us know in the comments below!