We always recommend you use a stable VPN service while on a public Wifi. Also, with a VPN, you can unblock several online streaming services and geo-restricted websites.
However, not all VPNs can offer you the best service you are looking for.
Some may be overpriced, some have the most minor features, and some may not ensure the security you expect.
So how do you find out the best VPN for Montana? We did a deep analysis to identify them in 2023.
And based on our findings, we shortlisted the top 5 VPNs best suited for Montana.
It will be easy to pick one from the shortlist since they are the best in service and come with a bundle of unique features.
Ultimately, we emphasize the security features that make these VPNs special.
So why wait? Let’s get into the article and find out what’s best for you while you are in Montana.
Best VPN for Montana in 2023
NordVPN has become the best VPN for Montana since it provides a responsive mobile app that carries out all possible actions available in the desktop version.
It is one of the best in the VPN market compared to its competitors.
It comes with a 256-bit AES encryption that secures your session with the best encryption method available in the world.
NordVPN comes with excellent customer support with live chats, emails, etc.
Customers are pretty happy with the customer service of NordVPN as they always assist them in getting clarification regarding every confusion and problem related to NordVPN usage.
Interestingly, NordVPN provides options to disconnect the active session in the notification bar of your device.
It also shows a pause button where you can pause your VPN session for a short time if needed.
It also supports Split tunneling, a cool feature by which you can connect selected apps to the VPN while keeping others in the regular network.
The threat protection feature in NordVPN hides your IP, blocks hacker entries, and masks the virtual location.
And features like Kill Switch and Dark web monitor ensure additional security to your identity while in a local network.
NordVPN can be used as the best VPN for Montana since it is easily compatible with almost all major browsers like Edge, Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Safari, etc.
- NordVPN unblocks the most extensive Netflix library.
- 2 layer extra encryption provided with a Double VPN feature.
- NordVPN has almost zero DNS leaks.
- Auto resume available that allows pausing the connection for specific times if required.
- Provides you with a private static IP address.
- Not everyone can rely upon OpenVPN setup.
- Not all NordVPN servers support Torrenting.
- The speed test showed inconsistency across servers in the same country.
Surfshark is available in more than 65 countries with 3200+ servers distributed in 160+ locations.
The presence of so many servers in most places makes Surfshark a top-tier VPN.
Surfshark is a powerful VPN with unique features such as Gps-spoofing, dedicated P2P servers, split tunneling, WireGurad protocol, SmartDNS, etc.
According to experts, Surfshark has the caliber to unblock more than 25 Netflix libraries, iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, Netflix, etc.
It works perfectly in locations like the US, the UK, Australia, Canada, etc. Hence you will find it easy to use Surfshark VPN in Montana.
Surfshark supports all major platforms such as iOS, Chrome, Edge, Android, Linux, Firefox, Windows, Mac, etc.
It efficiently unblocks HBO Now, YouTube TV, and BBC iPlayer and works smoothly throughout the session without any noticeable resolution drops.
Surfshark VPN ensures a strict “no-log” policy and adds security features like OpenVPN, IKEv2 support, strong AES-256-GCM encryption, Kill switch, etc.
It helps keep you secured and promises a stable connection.
Surfshark has a malicious URL blocking feature, zero-knowledge DNS servers(from the company), VPN chaining, and 24/7 live chat support for spot assistance.
If you are using OpenVPN, Surfshark enables the Camouflage Mode feature, which provides you additional security.
According to the company, they are getting ready to feature several advanced features by 2022 and 2023.
One such feature that Surfshark launched most recently is the IP Rotator which rotates IP addresses in regular intervals without disconnecting your session.
- WireGuard facility is available on all applications
- Surfshark supports GPS-Spoofing
- Quickly unblocks most streaming services like iPlayer, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, Netflix, etc.
- Surfshark allows simultaneous connections without limitations.
- Excellent customer service with live chat.
- Weak applications in iOS platforms. OpenVPN speeds are below satisfactory.
- The split tunneling feature is not supported on the iOS platform.
- The kill switch fails on some occasions; hence not reliable.
3. Atlas VPN
Atlas VPN has been established in more than 40 countries with 750+ servers distributed in 40+ locations. Hence it is definitely one of the best free VPNs for Montana.
It has applications that support platforms like Android, Windows, iOS, Mac, Apple TV, Chromebook, Linux, Windows Phone, Amazon Fire TV Stick, BlackBerry, Kindle Fire, etc.
Also, it supports protocols like OpenVPN TCP, Lightway, IKEv2, L2TP/IPSec, OpenVPN UDP, etc.
Atlas VPN implemented high standard AES-256-CBC encryption and used HMAC to avoid real-time data alteration when it comes to security.
They have a panel of experts whose assistance is available 24/7 in live chats and email if you are stuck at some point while working with the application.
Additionally, Atlas VPN has publicly audited its policies to win credibility with its customers and got an excellent review for its performance.
The threat manager feature of Atlas VPN blocks ads, unwanted trackers, malware, etc. It has a kill switch, split tunneling, and similar features to improve user experience.
Atlas VPN is one of the few VPNs that release regular updates in shorter intervals.
For example, while many companies take years to release a new update for platforms such as iOS, Atlas VPN delivers updates in short breaks, like 10 days!
- Availability of servers in 40+ locations.
- App design for supporting various devices is top-notch.
- Always displayed the best performance in live tests.
- Excellent speed compared to its competitors.
- Live customer support team.
- Cannot use more than five simultaneous connections.
- Atlas VPN app installation is required even for using browser extensions.
- Atlas VPN is expensive compared to its competitors.
VyprVPN is the next VPN that we recommend for you. It is a Swiss-based VPN, free from five eyes and data monitoring services.
According to the stats, VyperVPN is available in more than 60 countries.
About 700+ servers are distributed in 70+ locations and what makes it different is its presence in almost every geographic region.
For example, 14 VyperVPN areas are in Asia, 7 in South and Central America, whereas 5 are in the Middle East, another 5 in Oceania, and 2 in Africa.
VyperVPN has its cloud security server known as VyperVPN Cloud or VyperVPN Server, which creates an additional protective layer while accessing cloud-related services like Digital Ocean, Virtual Box, Amazon Web Services, etc.
It also incorporates services such as BitTorrenting, NAT firewall, DNS, etc. Hence we recommend VyperVpn if you are searching for a business-related VPN service.
It supports all four protocols: OpenVPN, Chameleon protocol(custom), L2TP/IPsec, WireGuard, etc.
However, OpenVPN only supports the Linux platform, and IPSec is unavailable on Android.
There is a rumor that the company may come up with the support of WireGuard in the Linux platform in the future.
Additionally, VyperVPN offers its service on OpenWRT, Linux, Android TV, Chromebooks, Synology NAS, Apple TV, AsusWRT, OpenELEC, Blackberry, DD-WRT, etc.
It has 30 guiding tutorials to help you independently set up any of these services.
Also, you can connect 30 devices simultaneously at a time using the website version. The iOS-Android app version allows 5 devices at a time.
- Not associated with Five Eyes.
- It comes with a comparatively affordable annual subscription fee.
- Geographic server distribution is perfect.
- Presence of Chameleon protocol, Kill switch, etc.
- Efficiently unblocks Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, BBC iPlayer, etc.
- Supports torrenting.
- It uses advanced technologies and supports customers with commendable commitment.
- The monthly fee is high compared to an annual or 24-month plan.
- US Netflix cannot be accessed with VyperVPN.
- Speed becomes below average at specific locations.
- Kill switch has issues in the Windows platform.
- Netflix only works with some specific servers.
- The latency rate sometimes increases by 1,780 percent.
- The multi-hop feature is not available.
5. Private Internet Access
Private Internet Access has 30,000 servers located in 78+ countries. It offers up to 10 simultaneous connections at a time. It is best known for torrenting and supports P2P.
It offers additional protection for your online activities with the help of Shadowsocks and SOCKS5 proxy.
However, it doesn’t give assurance to high sensitive VPN users since the company directly falls under the Five-eyes jurisdiction.
And the company claims a strict “no-log” policy with the help of court records, showing that nobody can access your personal data even with legal action.
Private Internet Access has access to all major platforms such as Android, Linux, Mac, iOS, Windows, etc.
And it manages to deliver almost all features across all supporting platforms.
Some exceptions include the presence of IPsec instead of OpenVPN and the lack of the MACE feature in the iOS app.
Private Internet Access offers 24/7 live chat support and ensures excellent customer satisfaction like most of the major players in the game.
They designed the website with easy-to-follow guidelines, FAQs, educational resources, and many spectacular features. It is easy to set up the PIA browser extensions for Firefox, Opera, Chrome, etc.
It allows you to easily download the PIA VPN app or extension on your device with the login credentials.
Additionally, Private Internet Access offers a split tunneling feature that will help customers differentiate between apps that will pass directly with ISP and those that require a VPN.
Identity Guard is another unique feature that informs users whether their email addresses are compromised in identity theft cases.
- PIA is an excellent torrenting VPN.
- It offers a subsequent number of Servers.
- It supports unspecified payment methods.
- PIA provides a dedicated Linux app.
- PIA has Kill Switch on all its clients.
- It promises a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- PIA allows 10 simultaneous connections.
- It has a dedicated IP address.
- It comes from a five eyes based country.
- Dedicated IP addresses are costlier than some of its competitors.
- It has an average performance.
- Doesn’t give access to a lot of streaming services.
- PIA transparency is not so known to the public.
- Hasn’t done any independent audit.
How to Unblock Websites in Montana?
We shall now check methods to unblock websites in Montana. As a first step, you have to create a Montana VPN.
We suggest you choose one from the Montana VPNs listed in this article and install it on your device.
After setting up and choosing the subscription plan, the next step is to create a unique login and password for the service and keep it secure.
Once you are ready with the VPN, you can follow the instructions below to unblock the websites in Montana.
- Login to VPN and configure settings based on your preferences.
- It is better to choose servers in Montana or servers close to the Montana location to benefit from better VPN performance(speed. stability, etc.).
- Once you are in the VPN, you can try unblocking the required website. If you feel the connection is slow or not reachable, it’s better to manually change the server location from your VPN.
- We suggest you include the Tor network and the VPN you are using to get an additional layer of protection.
- When you try to unblock websites in Montana, our advice is to try different VPNs with the trial period offers first and choose the best one based on the location and other security features.
Why Should I Need VPN in Montana?
Montana is a great place with many activities and areas of common interest.
While you are at a music festival or a medical facility, you may try to access the free public wifi, which is open to all.
However, the chances of getting hacked from such available networks are high. So it’s better to use a strong VPN while you are on public wifi in Montana.
Sports events are most common in Montana. If you are a fan of Montana (NFL), you may like to watch the home games interruptedly from your smart devices.
Sadly, it may not be possible to watch home games while you are in Montana due to several licensing agreements.
So it’s better to connect with a VPN and switch the location to the nearby city server so that you can enjoy your game uninterrupted.
How Do I Choose the Best VPN for Montana?
It would be best to consider many factors while choosing the best VPN for Montana. We shall list them here for you.
• The VPN network should be stable and possess a considerable size to avoid disconnects.
• Encryption algorithms should be robust and the best in the world.
• No matter which VPN you choose, it should follow a strict “no-log” policy.
• The VPNs should be responsive and support intelligent devices such as Amazon Firestick, Kindle, etc.
• Choose a VPN that has servers nearest to Montana. It will maximize the speed of the VPN service.
• Try to choose a VPN with the best subscription price and features.
Can I Use a Free VPN in Montana?
While many VPNs offer free service as mobile apps and browser extensions, they have many limitations.
Our research noticed that most such free VPNs use low-level encryption algorithms, below-average speeds, lack of features, etc.
Choosing the right VPN depends upon your location, the price you are willing to pay, and your requirement.
We conducted several tests based on the security features, price, speed, server locations, platform compatibility, etc., to find the top VPN for Montana.
We hope that our detailed article helped you choose the best VPN. We need a VPN while using networks in Montana.
Anyway, we strongly recommend you to check various VPNs in the free trial period (usually 7 days) and find out the best one that works for your requirement.